With the arrival of December, the main protagonist – how could it be otherwise – is Christmas. Although the haters are in luck because we have managed, despite the difficulty, to find some plans that are exempt from this theme. In addition, the people of Madrid and those who live in Madrid are in luck because the legendary Café Berlin reopens its doors, one of the concert halls with the highest quality and charisma in the capital. And it does so with a luxury program, at the height of its excellence: Caramelo de Cuba, Josemi Carmona & Colina & Bandolero, Juanito Makandé & Juan Sebastián, Jorge Pardo, Chano Domínguez …
The kids as great protagonists:
- The Botanical Garden presents Nature On, a visual spectacle created from lights through a walk in its own natural environment. Tickets for the first weeks are already sold out but you can still get them for the second fortnight here .
- Cometa turns to the Teatro Circo Price. The peculiar heroine who conquered the children last Christmas will have to help Martín solve the mystery of the lost gifts. From Tuesday to Sunday until January 10.
- Saurians an outdoor exhibition surrounded by life-size dinosaurs. For an hour, and simulating an expedition, the explorers of the Saurios territory, accompany the visitors telling them their stories and adventures.
- The play My First Four Seasons, at the Lara Theater brings Vivaldi’s work and the theater closer to the little ones in the house. Sharing the experience of music by way of play and celebration.
- Dickens’s Christmas Carol returns to the stage to make us believe in miracles again. An unavoidable appointment with solidarity, kindness and hope. It will be at the Sanpol Theater until December 20.
- The Fernán Gómez Theater will host a new edition of its traditional series of theaters for babies, “Breaking the shell”.
-If you like Lorca’s work, the Kamikaze Theater will program until December 25 “Doña Rosita, annotated” an adaptation by Pablo Remón.
“Yerma’s passion” will be at the Corral de Comedias with María León as the protagonist.
– At the Spanish Theater they continue with their own tribute to Galdós for her centenary. And they will do so through “Galdós shadow and reality” whose intention is made clear by its director Pilar Almansa: “We want to remove the black and white that, due to the photography of the time, marks our imaginary of Galdós and his time and transmit what really it was: a vibrant period, full of hope and anger, of ruptures and promises, but above all, of free love, without complexes and real ”.
– A film orchestra. The Film Symphony Orchestra is the only private symphony orchestra dedicated exclusively to the music of the Seventh Art. From Disney classics and movies from the 60s, 80s and 90s to some of the latest international hits like Interstellar. An unbeatable occasion for lovers of music and cinema.
– Suma Flamenca. Madrid’s rendezvous with Spanish art par excellence. The Flamenco Festival of the Community of Madrid returns. This year the tribute will be to the figure of Enrique Morente.
– The Botero exhibition. 60 Years of Painting, produced by Arthemisia, covers six of the more than seven decades of the extensive career of the Colombian artist Fernando Botero. It will be exhibited at CentroCentro in Madrid until February 2021.
-Tutankhamon: The tomb and its treasures. A unique opportunity for fans of archeology and Ancient Egypt to discover this funerary treasure in its original archaeological context. The three burial chambers are reconstructed as they were found, along with the replicas of the treasure they housed, including the Golden Mask, some of the most precious jewels from ancient times to the present day. In Ifema.
You can’t miss them